Monday, June 11, 2012

Office View



Here was my view at work yesterday:


That’s the back of Mike Fay, who is sitting in the pilot’s seat of his new seaplane. I am sitting in the only other seat in the plane with butterflies in my stomach, about to take off on my first sea plane flight.

Flying in a sea plane is really cool. What is even cooler is flying in a sea plane in one of the most textured, untouched, rugged, beautiful terrains out there.

the view from the cabin
It may seem obvious, but I’ll mention it anyway: Seaplanes land on water. When you’re sitting in a sea plane for the first time, this is a bit counter intuitive. Mike, though, is an excellent pilot. Our landing was so smooth I literally did not realize when we had hit the water.

This is to be the first of many flights I take with Mike in his sea plane. By the end of the summer, we will be transiting across Canada, hopping from lake to stream, documenting the incredible natural world, and the impact humans have had on this space.

Intrigued? Me too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment