Tuesday, March 13, 2012

"Spring" on Denny Island



In this blog, I talk about how it's warm and wet all the time here, except when it's cold and dry. But I forgot to mention the times when it's cold and wet...

We got an unusual amount of snow this weekend, piling up and sticking around. It's beautiful, and a welcome variation of precipitation.

While you may think the boat cover is a great idea in these conditions, the snow sits heavily on the canvas, threatening to rip through every seam. We had to regularly crawl around the boat, shoving our bum in the air to shake the snow off the cover, like some strange primordial courting dance.

Ask John to show you sometime.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I think I'll take our Spring. But bumping snow off the boat with my bum does sound adventurous! Just think how soon you'll be in MEXICO!

    ReplyDelete